Monday, December 21, 2015

RIP Sanjay Patnaik

I met this gem of a guy on Facebook.  Soon our interaction led to acquaintance and grew into friendship. He invited me several times to visit Jamaica.

This March, I got the opportunity to meet him in the tiny picturesque island. He left no stones unturned in his hospitality, driving around the lovely port city of Ocho Rios. He would never let me spend a penny.

After retirement he dreamt of going back to Puri, his hometown and build a resort, in the similar lines of the one he hosted me. It was not be in his destiny. Not long after, he got the dreaded C (cancer). I met a point to meet him at a local hospital last Wednesday, where he was struggling after multiple doses of chemo. I tried to motivate him to stay in best spirit, knowing that he is a great fighter. His hope filled empty eyes still hunts me.

Unfortunately, fortune was not on his side. When I got the news of him passing away last afternoon, something in me snapped. I am indebeted to you my dear friend, for your selfless hospitality and may be one day I will be able to pay it off. RIP my friend, in the Paradise which you belong to, and deservingly so.

No comments:

Post a Comment