Friday, December 4, 2015

Flight from Atlanta to Delhi - India trip 2015

Travelling without family has its share of hazards, when you have a stranger sitting next to you. Last time I was travelling alone, had to to bear a unique mix of "Piarrhoea and Whiskey" wheezing its way into my nose, coming from a guy next to me, sleeling with his mouth wide open.

No wonder, those who forget history are always condemned to repeat it. Now this person next to me snores loud, with periodic sputters of exhale covering his straight moustache with droplets of flegm. The moustache bearing both magnitude and direction, reminded me of equipotential vectors I studied during Intermediate Physics, with a huge potential to piss off any passenger next to him. Turning my squeezed and raised nose to the other side, I glanced at him, followed by surreptitiously shouldering his drooping head away from me.

This continued intermittently until my cup of patience was full. I elbowed him with a "not me look" on my face. Startled, he gets up wiping off the frosty, dewy stuff from his moustache using his finger tip, picks his nose and touch the screen to pick his channels. Didn't know that touchscreens needed lubricants. I wished our Desi dude pinged the Air hostess for some tissue instead.

Reminded me of Tom Hanks from the movie FOREST GUMP - "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get". What I was getting was certainly not the box of chocolates I wished for. So made peace with myself, after gulping a stiff shot of Vodka and catching up with some sleep.

My soul solace was sitting next to the screen separating between economy and business class offered me occasional glimpse of business class service and derive a vicarious pleasure out of it.
So felt extremely relieved, kicked by a propelling tailwind the flight arrived almost an hour ahead of schedule at Schiphol International, Amsterdam. Time to stretch my legs, before I complete the next leg of my journey to Delhi.

No comments:

Post a Comment