Thursday, September 19, 2013

Working Like clockwork

My schedule is working like clockwork these days. No sooner I turn my car key on I hear "Good morning. This is NPR news, Washington...." It tells me it is 7.30. I am so tuned to it I don't have to look at my phone or near the dashboard for time. (I have forgotten the last time I wore a watch which is more of a style than a necessity to look for time these days. The desktop, laptop, i-WHATEVER devices do that for you.). My breakfast goes undigested if I miss my morning news on NPR. At the same breath I can say I have taken days off from work but forgotten the last time I took a day off from Facebook. Like clock work come lunch break or back home I used to read a book. Now I surf Facebook. A clock keeps you straight on time but there are instances to prove otherwise. Logic says a broken clock is better than a clock which runs 5 minutes late. At least it shows correct time twice a day. Once in Bhubaneswar Railway station I found the Gauhati-Cochin express arrive on time. Upon enquiry I found it exactly a day late. But the huge clock at the station told that the arrival time was correct. But nobody can defy the ultimate truth. TIME (not the magazine) waits for none.

No comments:

Post a Comment