Sunday, August 25, 2013

Export Onions to India

Over the years I have managed to make bumper harvests of myriads of veggies, for my kitchen consumption and distribution among close friends. Now I think it is time for me to clear another section of my backyard and cultivate ONION as a cash crop (Georgia soil is fertile for this crop, known for its famous Vidalia onions) on commercial basis. I can export to India to earn valuable bucks as one dollar does not even buy 1 kg of Onion in India these days. Not a bad idea I guess. Now I have also figured it out that when it is the election season in India, plant more onions in advance as chances are quite high that price of this veggie will sky rocket. In Odia we say GACHARE TANKA FALUCHI (money grows on trees). I can make it happen with Onions as a cash crop.

No comments:

Post a Comment