Thursday, March 31, 2016

Spring Allergy season in Georgia

Peak Pollen Allergy season here. Come Spring, many places in America, forefront is my state of Georgia, which has a reputation of heavily impacted by this irritability.

It's particularly bad in my city, which is located on low lying Chattahoochee river valley. On a clear, sunny day sans wind, one can easily locate low hanging green cloud of pollens, settling down and engulfing the town in a blanket sea of green on rooftops and cars alike, floating like a poltergeist eager to haunt you.

And it has already started haunting me. Though advised not to stay outdoor for a long time, its impossible to stick to the advice, without letting the inquisitive, nosey pollens stick to your nose. Even if you are out for a few minutes, you simply can't stay away from breathing.

Spring is the harbinger of pollens and the agricultural season. The charming fun of farming isn't free from its challenges and side effects. While doing my yard work, planting seeds of Pumpkins and Ridged Gourds (JANHI) for summer harvesting, I involuntarily sucked plenty of these Green Pollen shoots ejected by blooming Oak, Maples and Sweet Gum tree.

It sucks now, taking its toll as I woke up this morning, chocked up with itchy watery eyes, stuffy nose and sore throat. Gargling with moderately hot water with a pinch of salt works great. I usually avoid going to the doctor and getting myself medicated - unless it's absolutely compelling.

Imbibing luids, Rest and of course watching Cricket helps - as today's close T20 encounter kept me on my toes, helping  to shrugg off my jaded nervous nerves, temporarily liberating my body from the strains of Allergy.

Hot food, both temperature and taste wise, titillates the taste buds at this juncture. Especially the Thai chicken soup, which washes down the soreness as it makes its way downstream, its fiery, flames of hotness engulfing my tonsils as a panacea.

As always - time is the best healer. It is the best, proven nature's natural remedy for common ailments. Bearing it is better than a doctor's visit and coming back armed with a prescription of antibiotics to annihilate the good bacteria in billion.

No comments:

Post a Comment