Thursday, March 24, 2016

At Universal Florida - Day II

On reaching the gate of the Universal Studio Florida, felt like "Enemy at the Gate", due to the heavy security Bandobast (arrangement) at entrance - obviously the aftermath of the recent Brussels attack.

Long lines at security and at popular attraction spots like Jurassic World, Spiderman, Transformers etc, gave me some time to inspect the milieu around us. I saw tourists as varied as Australians chattering in "Gidday Maite" accent, to Japanese in immaculate suits , too formal for warm Orlando weather. Lots of kids could be seen around bubbling with tons of energy, teenagers smooching and fondling each other with youthful enthusiasm. Spring break, it explains.

I spotted several Sardarjees in the crowd. Not only Sardars and Potatoes can be found anywhere and everywhere on earth, Neal Armstrong reportedly saw a Sardar after landing on moon. I saw a few of them today,  their conspicuously bright, shining turbans gave them away.

I deliberately avoided the ride "Dr. Doom's Fear Fall", which comes with a fall from 150 feet. Never a big fan of all these roller coaster rides and don't find them enjoyable. Once in Blackpool, England, as I came with a free fall from a steep roller coaster ride, scared to death, I suddenly remembered the Goddess below the large Banyan tree in our village back home, whom I conveniently ignored before. Glad I came out unscathed. No sooner the Roller Coaster screeched to halt and I verified that I am still in one piece, than the selfish me forgot the benevolent Goddess.

Trips to these Theme Parks are best avoidable during Spring breaks and long weekends, unless you have patience towards long waits for the rides. But for the lovers for comic characters it's a damn exciting and fun filled place, b'cos they take their fans on a ride with them. The trip on "Hogwarts Express" from Hogsmead Station, taking you from Islands of Adventures to Universal Studio was unique of its kind and highly recommended.

Long story short, it was a long day for us. As I struggled to peep through the swish-swashing wipers in the pouring rains on our way back, the broad rainbow on the other side of the horizon smiled back at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment