Sunday, March 20, 2016

My culinary skills post retirement

This fine morning I discovered myself added to a Group names "Hotel and Restaurant jobs in Odisha". Picture speaks a thousand words - pictures posted on Facebook can do wonders.
Someone seems, got impressed with my periodic posts of the pictures of goat meat and coconut shrimp curries - thought my skills could come handy. Not a bad plan to invest my culinary skills post retirement, to supplement my meager 401K and Social Security savings.
 
Back home in Odisha, I imagine myself on the job switching to a NALI GAMUCHA (Red, loin cloth tied to the waist, barely covering below the knees, often transparent exposing your outlines and occasionally translucent due to dirt soaked over time) from Khurda, a small town on the outskirts of Bhubaneswar famous for its manufacturing. It is the perfect and the most appropriate attire in the muggy coastal climate Odisha weather, especially when you are in front of a burning CHULAH (Burner).
 
I can imagine myself, on one hand churning a long spatula inside HANDA (Huge brass made pots used for mass cooking back home). On the other hand I would indulge in one of the small funs of life - the pleasurable act of scratching the Private parts in Public, as the heat and humidity back home can lead to a lot sweating, causing havoc down there.
 
Intermittently I would switch to sweeping thick layers of sweat beads from my forehead, some of which would fall inside the cooking pot - adding some additional salt to taste. This way I would prove the worth of my salt to my employer. No job on earth can be more satisfying where one can mix small pleasure of life like scratching, blending your profession with passion. Looking forward to such kind of job in future with some post retirement fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment