Thursday, October 29, 2015

Son Of the Soil

Fell in love with the fiery, falling Red leaves on a fabulous Fall day overlooking the Fair skies. With the advent of Fall and Frost, the farming season is over. Plucked my final harvest, chaffing them out of the dried leaves of the dying plants. The pleasure of watching the plants nurtured by my own hands, growing up and yielding produce in the backyard of my home, is next to none, not to mention the much needed exercise and lung full of fresh air I get.
 
It reminds me after all, I am still Son of the Soil, down to earth. One day I am destined to blend in it. Nothing beats being close to the Nature in the months extending from Spring into Summer and early Fall. The gentle waves of breeze fluttering the leaves of Pines, Oak, Sweet Gum and Mimosa trees overlooking the fair skies, is the ultimate treat to the soothing eyes. Love watching the bees whizzing past, chasing each other, competing to suck the nectar, as they move from one flower to another, helping in pollination.
 
As the soothing breeze caressed me, I found myself transported back to this song and couldn't help murmuring this one from the movie ARADHANA....
 
GUN GUNA RAHI HAI BHANWAR KHIL RAHI HAI KALI KALI
(The bee is humming by, flowers wavering in gentle breeze).
 
The chirping and humming of birds, sight of Squirrels, occasional Raccoons, Coyotes, Deers and even Snakes brings me closer to the nature. Swaying little birdies crisscross the crimson sky, as an array of Pelicans pass by cawing PAAON PAAON. Can never forget the bright yellow flowers of JANHI (Ridged Gourd) and KAKUDI (cucumbers) are smiling at me reminding my childhood days when we used to sing

JANHI PHOOLA THO THA,
KAKUDI PHOOLA THO THA

(Ridge Gourd flowers go burst, 
 Cucumber flowers go burst).

Goodbye harvesting season of 2015 and the warm weather. See you again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment