Friday, February 17, 2017

A Midwinter dream of Patanjali surgery

Yesterday I had this Midwinter Night's Dream. I am at Nityananda Bhaina's gargantuan farmhouse in Bhubaneswar, who suddenly appears wearing a green Physician's cloak, armed with surgical knives. He tries to persuade me into being his Guinea for his Patanjali Surgery experiment on me.

He continues his relentless cajoling - "Don't worry. This surgery is safe and sound, sans side effects. Just discovered about it from an old 7th Century Sanskrit POTHI (Scripture) from Vikramaditya's time I stumbled upon the other day. 

He proudly displayed his paraphernalia of JADI BUTI (Herbal paste) which he would use as Anasthesia. I excused myself to go into bathroom, followed by trying to escape the ordeal by scaling the walls near the backdoor of his gigantic mansion.

But no sooner than I get to the fence, Nityananda  Bhaina is standing right in front of me, smiling and telling me - Everyone does the same, trying to escape through the backdoor. That's why I am here. I try to outrun him, but can't as he closes in to get me.

As he holds my hand trying to coax me into his endeavor, I attempt another excuse  - " Bhaina, I can't pay you, for I have only old 1000, 500 denominations which are now useless post demonetization". He says, "Don't worry about it. You expect me to take money from you ? Be my guest. I will be nice and easy on you. Trust me, Trust Shashtra (Scriptures) and trust PATANJALI.

I am not convinced. My dream came to an abrupt end. It seamed so real that after waking up I thought I was still dreaming. Not sure why I had this weird dream, but I can now proudly proclaim that Pt. Nityananda Mishra is my dream man.

No comments:

Post a Comment