Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Happy Earth Day 2015

Today is Earth Day. Thanks to the initiative from our company, we recycle tons of materials, especially those Styrofoams, for which even 500 years are not long enough for landfills to bio-degrade. I proudly proclaim that every month, I religiously recycle at least 50 lbs (25 kg) of materials. I have done so consistently over last 19 years which would amount more than 11,000 lbs (5,000 kg).The feeling of fulfillment I get beats any visit to any temple, any day.
 
Not bad I guess, rather it feels good about recycling about 5 tons till date, preventing them from going into landfills, which is a lot better for the environment. On the occasion of Earth day it gives me an immense gratification to announce my contribution towards mother earth, however meagre it might be. Let's make our mother earth a better place to live and leave it so for the future generations. REDUCE, RECYCLE and REUSE should be our motto. Cut less and plant more trees, to make our a planet greener pasture for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment