Saturday, January 28, 2017

My first day of tax preparation 2017 season

Taxing time again. My first day of volunteering this tax season at the local VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) center wasn't so uneventful. After 7 long years, IRS has upgraded to a new Software which is more user friendly. I filed taxes for 6 persons today in a 3 hours, while I could do at most 4 using the old software during the prior years in the same time frame.

Define irony - encounting a marriage counsellor who filed for divorced last year. now filing tax as the head of the house hold as single parent.

Getting divorced or separated isn't not something new, but what I found was oxymoron, a marriage councilor getting divorced, another fodder to my blog.

It is said, the ex Prime minister of India, Indira Gandhi's intervention was often solicited in her social circle to mediate broken marriages. It is a well known fact that she didn't make anything great out of her own marriage. 

A brilliant astrolger, a lot of things he predicted about me way back in 1985 turned out to be true, couldn't control his own fotune and turned himself into a megalomaniac. 
Often I wonder about the vagaries of life. A doctor who cures others from many incurable disease, falls pray to mundane ailments. Many mefics I personally know who give lengthy lectures on bad effects of tobacco and alcohol are themselves champion chain smokers, chewers of ZARDA (scented tobacco) and frequently douse themselves in liberal dosage of sundowners.
Famous bowlers in cricket, who take the wickets of great batsmen often get out to ordinary balls from average bowlers. Burglaries in policemen's home are neither uncommon, nor unheard of.
It yet reinforces my belief that humans are the biggest elements of contradiction. It probably apt for my blog site to be titled "Oxymoron"  (I came up with this name for my blog site, juxtaposing the words "Ox and moron", for I see myself as an Ox, a no brainer animal and self proclaimed moron). And oxymorons we all are.

No comments:

Post a Comment