Friday, September 9, 2016

Beef at Breakfast, lose your Religion fast

This morning while beefed up at a mostly Beefy Breakfast meeting (Beef Quiche, beef sausages, patties and so on), I inadvertently ate couple of sausages, mistaking them as Turkey ones.

Now, a la the Narasingha Naidoo character of JATIRA DHAKKA (The jolt from Caste) from my middle school Odia Literature textbook - I lost my caste.

Narasimha Naidoo, a poor labor ventures out of his village and returns back only to be ostracized by his villagers. By travelling far and wide, he was condemned of losing his caste and was told in no uncertain terms,

JA PURI JA
GOBAR PANI PI
TEBE JAI JATI PHERI PAIBU. Meaning..

Go to Puri (sacred temple city of Hindus)
Drink Cow dung laced water,
You can get your caste back.

In order to get my caste back, as my PAITA (sacred thread worn by Brahmins) has gone MARA (loss of sanctity), I need to do a penance of taking bath in cow dung laced water, sprinkled liberally with GANGAJAL (water from sacred river Ganga), followed by multiple trips to the Puri Jagannath temple.

So the moral is - Eat Beef at Breakfast, lose your Religion fast. To get it back later, follow this prescription faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment