Friday, August 21, 2015

Perhaps My First Blog

Did some scouring to discover that this was my first ever blog which I wrote exactly 4 years ago. Haven't looked back ever since.....

It has to be in the genes. We had an employees outing today at local park. After a barbecue lunch where we had to choose from Beef or Veggie burgers ( I chose Veggie over beef anyway as Chicken was not there on menu) we played outdoor games.
 
My colleagues include a 71 years old man who could have retired long ago, but still works as he loves his job. We both participated for more than couple of hours in different games. I was very tired when we bid adieu. It was a loooong day, my knees were aching already, so I planned to skip off my scheduled mowing my lawns for the evening.
 
At 4.30 I was driving my son to his Taekwondo class and on my way I passed by the house of the same old man (hate to call him old as he is just older by age and the similarities end there), I was playing with a few hours before. A strapping 6 footer, he was non-chalantly chopping off woods using an axe in his backyards. I came back an hour later and he was still doing the same. The guy is older than my father but fitter beyond his age. I don't know if I can make it to 71, but do know for certain that I wont be able to chop off wood at age. So it surely has to be in the genes.

No comments:

Post a Comment