Thursday, November 18, 2021

RIP Akhlaque Ahmed

 I don't know him personally. He was my Facebook friend and different from a whole lot of others which I could make out from his no nonsense posts. His posts were moving, factual and fodder for real not fake intellectuals. I like people who can override emotions with logic. He was one such rare person. From his posts I figured out that he was a man of few words but his words carried a lot of punch, leaving no stones unturned.


Akhlaque Ahmed was few of those distinguished gentlemen who are now an endangered species. When trolled, vilified in a vitiated environment in which we live these days, he would never get reactive and ignore. This is something I need to learn as I often get reactive and don't hesitate to call spread a spread. But not reacting can irritate your troller further unless that person is a super BAHIA (Shameless fellow). On occasions Akhlaque Ahmed would respond with his intellectual sarcasm which understandably his detractors could barely understand.

Once while he was being trolled on one of his posts I respected sarcastically to one troller who was espousing India going to war - "I know many who I see here advocating war never stepped on a battlefield. Forget about holding a real gun, I am sure they have never held a toy gun in their life. They are the ones who now want to go to war". I got many "likes" 👍 to my response. Akhlaque bhai sent me a smiley ☺ - "You are getting more likes on my post than I get". I was flattered.

I came to know the other day that he was ailing. Something snapped inside me when I got the news today of him passing away to the other side of the world. It's always sad to see good people leave early. May he Rest in Peace in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment