Saturday, February 3, 2018

Padmavati movie - A review

Just came out after watching the movie PADMAVATI. I was fully assured of no interruptions from the Karni Sena whose swords hardly hold their sway in the Land of Guns. 

I reserved my comments about this movie until I have watched it. Don't understand why so much fuss about it. It's just another movie, should be seen as entertainment, not judged as a history research paper presented for thesis approval which needing minute scrutiny for accuracy - as simple as that. 

But what I understand, all the brouhaha making mountain out of molehill and raising a storm in the tea cup associated with this movie was only to serve political purpose. But purpose it really served was fattening the wallet of Sanjay L Banshali who now must be happily walking on his way to bank.

Last but the least - nothing new or great about this movie which is at best average. More appropriately it won't be an exaggeration to call this a JATRA (Dance Troup). I have seen many such historical Jatras back home on hot summer nights, this one was staged on Silver Screen on a cold winter afternoon when I wanted the movie to end soon to end my misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment