Monday, June 13, 2016

Ram Dulaari Maike Gayee

Single parenting is tough and no fun. Doing it for the first time in my life, I am  learning it the hard way, with my wife gone to India for more than a week now.

A person once went to an astrologer. The astrologer after seeing his chart said - You will beg after two years. "What will happen next ?" asked the person, now was somewhat concerned, expecting some sooth saying. The astrologer replied "You will get used to begging". Now I have got used to single parenting, as a week is a long time in politics and parenting (single).

Certain things women can do effectively and men are no match to them. Parenting and taking care of the house is one of them. As laundries pile up, the couch potato in me refuses to budge, using those piles as arm cushions on sofa.

Though I love preparing exotic dishes, cooking is a real pain in the butt when home alone. Cooking as a hobby is exhilarating, but as a habit can be boring - as Routine activities vs the Occasional ones. That explains the difference  between the phrases "eat to live" and "live to eat".

More than cooking, I feel bothered at the prospect of cleaning the AINTHA (soiled) plates. Even dumping the dishes into the dishwasher after the initial perfunctory rinse, has become a daunting task for the lazy me.

Frozen grocery items like the one in the picture are manna dew, providing some helping after a hard day at work. I also whole heartedly thank all my friends to help me outsource their perennial supply of food flowing into my plate. Their food keep my stomach filled, as the perpetual flow of water from the Himalayan glaciers prevent the river Ganga from going dry.

I fully miss my half attire (ARDHANGINI) or the better half - in simple terms, my wife. Lying flat on a pile of laundries, time and again I keep murmuring this Kishore Kumar's funny number ...

RAM DULARI MAIKE GAYEE
JO BHI PYAARI MAIKE GAYEE..

"My wife is at her parent's abode,
The loved one has gone abroad."

The icing on the cake is the following line from the song.

HUM SE BANIYE NA
BAINGAN KA BHARTA.

"Poor me can never make
The mashed Eggplant, easy to bake"..

No comments:

Post a Comment